It has been a challenging week with Steve out of town and an unusually cranky Margot. But at the end of the day, I embrace motherhood...even the hard parts. And when I see her smile and giggle at her Dad, my heart swells and I am left with only gratitude. It makes me want to stay in PJs all day and play with her and not care if I have checked anything off my list, seen another person (except, Steve, of course), exercised or brushed my teeth. Even at her crankiest little Margot day is perfect and I can't believe she is ours.


Off we skip like the most heartless things in the world- which is what children are, but so attractive; and we have an entirely selfish time, and then when we have need of special attention we nobly return for it, confident that we shall be rewarded instead of cmacked. -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Post a Comment

© 2010 unless otherwise stated all photos are copyright diane schallert and may not be used without permission. thanks.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP