Oh, Tenebaum.


Our first Hawaiian Christmas. In fact, this is our first Christmas on our own "turf" (whatever that means). For the past few years we have been on the mainland with our families. This year, Steve's family is coming to the island for the first time since Steve & I got hitched. We won't be staying at our apartment, so we didn't go all out decorating (PLUS, the craft store* here didn't have any of the materials for a few projects that I wanted to make...and the vintage Christmas lights that I bought at a thrift store for a dollar only worked for 30 seconds...and the sewing machine I was borrowing broke right when I started to sew those stockings. Phew, just needed to get all of that out there).
 Since Steve and I have never had out own Christmas tree before, I wanted to get him an ornament that paid tribute to our tropical Christmas and his infatuation with sea life/Shark Week (yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is why we do not surf). I found this wooden shark carved from Bali wood with Misie on the mainland.  
Happy Christmas, everyone. Charlie Brown, if you are reading this, you know you are jealous of our tree.

Post a Comment

© 2010 unless otherwise stated all photos are copyright diane schallert and may not be used without permission. thanks.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP