rah, rah, rah.

It has been a delightfully lazy (and very rainy) Saturday to end a busy week. My logic at 10am this morning when I wanted to crawl back into bed for a nap was, "I'm tired because it's Saturday." Steve wisely pointed out that I am probably actually tired because I am in my third trimester of pregnancy and growing a human takes a lot of energy. Duh, how come I didn't think of that? After he stated this, I smugly nodded my head and gave myself a mental pat-on-the-back for being a baby factory. Did I nap? Absolutely not. I did, however, do laundry, complete half of a workout called "Bikini Body Camp" (only half because half of it is done on your back and believe it or not, Bikini Body camp is not geared toward the preggos), cleaned the house and gathered avocados from the yard. Because I have what Tom Rath classifies as an "achiever personality". I have a million mental checklists in my brain at all times with really important "to-do's" on them like, "make a to-do list", "organize socks", "make cute stuff" (I am not exaggerating here). Lately I have been forgetting to put the stuff that is actually important on the list but I have decided to go easy on myself and just blame the absentmindedness on the "pregnancy-brain".

I read facebook updates that remind me that it is Summertime on the mainland and that a lot of people "can't wait for vacay!" or are "heading to the beach for three whole days!" I haven't even been committed enough to make a five minute trip to wade in the sparkling blue Pacific. "Go to the beach" shouldn't be a hard one to check off the list but it is. And I will tell you why.

1. Going back to that whole "achiever" personality thing... I don't last long laying at the beach. 20 minutes go by and I am checking the clock and pulling out the post-it notes to jot down all of the things that I have thought of to be more valuable than lazing around. (What? You don't bring post-it notes to the beach?)

2. Sometimes I forget that I have gained an extra 23 pounds (there, I said it. It's out there as if it weren't obvious) and have a mega baby-belly and I can do all the "Bikini Body Camp-ing" that I want but the truth of the matter is that the bathing suit that I have had since I was 19 doesn't exactly do wonders for the bod anymore (read: it doesn't fit).

3. I am married to Mr. Stephan "SPF 99+" Schallert. I have the utmost respect for a man that takes such good care of his skin, but he and the scorching Hawaii sun aren't exactly a winning pair.

4. Shark chompings. That's what I call shark attacks...and there was one at a beach just a few minutes away a few weeks ago.

So, there you have it. All of my excuses for not kicking back, soaking in the sun and enjoying our time on this island in the Pacific. All this complaining has made me super tired...time to attempt a nap (but those post-its won't be far away).

Cambria Finzel  – (June 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM)  

very amusing blogspot today, Diane. love it and love you!

Lindsay Blake  – (June 12, 2011 at 2:17 PM)  

one of your funniest posts!

Love it.
Love you.
Love baby.

Post a Comment

© 2010 unless otherwise stated all photos are copyright diane schallert and may not be used without permission. thanks.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP